Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday, June 12, 2008 (The 35 Hour Day)

Today I found 1 cent . . . a penny. I also found a total of eight foreign coins. Change was found on three continents, setting a single day change finding record that will probably last forever.

The day started at 12am at the airport in Bangkok and ended at 12pm at my apartment in Boston. As the time difference between Bangkok and Boston is 11 hours I had in effect a 35-hour day, making June 12th the longest day of my life!

At the airport in Bangkok I found 39 Baht (seven coins), the majority of which were found in coin return slots of free standing Internet access machines. My flight left at 3:30am and I had a brief two-hour layover in Rome, where I promptly found a one-cent Euro by the transfer desk at the airport. Once back in Boston I headed out to get some dinner and found a penny near Foodies, a local urban market. Three continents in one day (Asia, Europe, and North America). Not too bad, if I do say so myself!

Although vacation is officially over I feel compelled to leave you with one final picture:


Clearly it is a group of ants on a fence. This picture was taken at the Killing Fields outside of Phnom Penh. It isn’t a spectacular picture, but I liked the shot and it took me about 20 tries to get a good one, so by God, I’m sharing it with someone.

Totals for the day: 1 cent (and 8 Foreign Coins)
Race Totals: $661.73

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home