Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Today I found 1 foreign bill. Although it will not count toward the daily totals it does keep alive my consecutive change streak.

It is my last full day in Cambodia and I decided to test my luck at The Russian Market. The Russian Market, named such because it was a trading market set up years ago by Russian immigrants, is a collection of a mish mash of items for sale. Turn one corner and you might find hand painted Buddha’s. Around the next corner might be car engines, look again and it’s pirated DVD’s, take another turn and there are silk garments. Sufficed to say it was a busy day.

Walking around the Russian Market in the food section I spotted and retrieved a 1,000 Riel from the ground near a soup stand. As 1,000 Riel is approximately 25 cents I considered this quite the good find.

The remainder of the day was spent exploring the city, mailing some postcards, and getting lost thanks to a driver who didn’t know where he was going and didn’t speak much English. And, speaking of driving did I mention how chaotic it is in Cambodia? Talk about a great lead in to today’s picture, Monks on a Moped:


Throughout Thailand and Cambodia you see monks everywhere. At some point in his life almost every boy in these countries becomes a monk for some point in his life. The modern monk certainly does his chants and meditations, but you are just as likely to see him at an Internet café, talking on a cell phone, or riding a motorcycle.

Totals for the day: 1 Foreign Bill
Race Totals: $661.72

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home