Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Today I found 1 foreign coin. Although it will not count toward the daily totals it does keep alive my consecutive change streak.

By far the worst part of any vacation is when it ends, and that is what is happening today. This morning Becca and I flew back to Bangkok from Cambodia. We have a full day in Bangkok and at 3:30am on June 12th I catch a flight to Rome and then to Boston.

I would be remiss in my blogging if I didn’t mention that this entire trip wouldn’t have been possible without Brookie, a friend of Becca’s who rocks. She lives in Bangkok and provided us with a place to stay and hours of entertainment with her natural, “I’m blond, but in a good way,” personality. Brookie has a blog, and to be honest the writing style is amazing. Anyone who loves funny and well-written ramblings should take some time to check her out.

And if you do decided to do some Brookie reading the two pictures below (Alouise and Chang) will make perfect sense. If not, it’s ok, because who doesn’t enjoy a good picture of a stuffed pocket monkey:


and the aforementioned monkey and his elephant friend:


As for me, it’s off to take in a bit more of Bangkok before I head home. Just FYI, the one foreign change find of the day was found in a payphone in the 11th hour at the Bangkok airport.

Totals for the day: 1 Foreign Coin
Race Totals: $661.72

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Hey Chris!

I'm *finally* getting around to reading your blog entries! Well done! I love the pictures and the bits of information. I'm surprised, though, that you didn't mention the fact that everyone wears yellow on Mondays in honor of the King!! Or that his anthem also plays before movies.

It was such a wonderful trip! I had the best time with you guys. Thanks so much for the shout out!

Oh, and...."blond, but in a good way?" What is THAT supposed to mean????? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home