Thursday, December 29, 2005

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Today I found 26 cents. . . . 1 dime & 16 pennies. I also found a 25 centavos piece from El Salvador. Sadly, the foreign quarter does not count toward the daily totals.

At lunch this afternoon I spotted a penny on the ground between my table at Rocky’s Subs and the soda machine. On the way home I stopped at Chevron for a drink and found another penny by a candy display. The final stop on the way home was the car wash next to my apartment complex where I found five cents (all pennies).

In the evening I took my friend Robert to dinner for his birthday. On the way home we stopped at the post office and a nearby car wash. The post office didn’t have any change for me, but the car wash did: 19 cents (one dime & nine pennies).

The 25 centavos piece from El Salvador was found atop a change counting machine at Kroger, a local grocery store. The Kroger was right next to Rocky’s Subs, and I went there while my sub was being prepared. The coin appears to have a picture of Pope John Paul II on it, but after extensive research into the El Salvador centavos I can neither confirm nor deny this finding, as I could not locate any information to tell me who the person actually was. Despite the uncertainty, one thing is certain. The coin has been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of all non-US change finds of note.

Totals for the day: 26 cents
Race Totals: $225.67

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home