Friday, January 06, 2006

Friday, January 6, 2006

Today I found $2.11. . . 1 dime, 8 quarters, & 1 penny.

A stop at the Kwick Kar Wash this evening netted everything. As I opened my car door I noticed a shiny dime, then a penny. Over at one of the car washing stations someone had carelessly left eight quarters stacked neatly on a ledge.

Today I read a very interesting article, which I shall pass along. Apparently a few years back a Del Monte sticker became attached to a $20 bill while it was being printed. Ink from the printing presses went over the sticker, thereby putting part of the serial number over the rogue sticker. A college student got the bill from an ATM machine, and eventually sold it on e-bay. A photo of this unique bill is below:


So what you say? The bill was sold at auction today for $25,300.00. A pre-auction article can be found here.

Totals for the day: $2.11
Race Totals: $231.45

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home