Sunday, January 01, 2006

Sunday, January 1, 2006

Today I found $1.69. . . . 2 nickels, 7 dimes, 2 quarters, and 39 pennies. I also found two tokens from Chuck E. Cheese, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

New Years Eve was celebrated in true American style, by launching tons of Chinese fireworks in the air for enjoyment. After the fireworks and celebration I focused myself on the current task at hand, finding some change to start the new year right. I didn’t even try to keep track of exact amounts at specific locations, but all my finds were made at drive-thrus for KFC, Starbucks, Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy’s, and Jack in the Box. Also, I recorded finds during the day at a nearby car wash, a penny in the middle of the road, two parking lots for local bars, Kroger (a local grocery store), and Sonic.

My non-change finds, specifically the Chuck E. Cheese tokens, were found sitting atop a change counting machine at Kroger. Joining the British five pence piece from yesterday it has been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” the first such deposit of the new year.

Totals for the day: $1.69
Race Totals: $228.12

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice way to start the year ... Between you and Bailey, I'm already playing from behind the eight ball.

Happy New Year...

password: nquxot

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Chris said...

It probably says something about our dedication. . . or the fact that we had nothing to do after midnight when most normal people would be in bed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home