Friday, December 30, 2005

Friday, December 30, 2005

Today I found 21 cents. . . . 1 nickel & 16 pennies. I also found a broken silver earing. Sadly, the broken earing does not count toward the daily totals.

On my way to work this morning I noticed a penny in the road. I gambled that the light would work in my favor so I got out to retrieve it. Unfortunately, my gamble was incorrect. Just as I exited the car the light changed. Of course I was to involved at this point to abandon the Lincoln, so I retrieved it and got back into my car and drove off. The couple behind me in a truck not only didn’t honk, but they clearly smiled when I held up the penny to show them what the delay was. Both waved and we both made it through the light without further fanfare.

On the way home I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found nine cents (all pennies). I also found four pennies sitting atop a change counting machine at Kroger, a local grocery store. In the evening I went to the post office and I stopped at Klein High School (which was empty because of the Christmas Break) and I checked the parking lot. There I found seven cents (one nickel & two pennies) as well as the aforementioned broken earing. The earing shall be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” while the remaining change will be counted toward the race totals.

Totals for the day: 21 cents
Race Totals: $225.88

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home