Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thursday, January 5, 2006

Today I found 45 cents. . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, & 20 pennies. I also found coins from India and some other foreign country (perhaps China). Sadly, the foreign coins do not count toward the daily totals.

The totals of today blur a bit, but I recorded finds at a place where I went to go get my hair cut, the Kwick Kar Wash, a Chevron gas station, Kroger (a local grocery store), and a parking lot.

In the evening I went out to see if I could go find some extra Houston Chronicles, which had the UT Rose Bowl headlines which I wanted. By wanted I mean that I wanted extra copies to sell on e-bay. Sadly, like the payphone, the newspaper box appears to be disappearing, at least in a commuter area like Spring, TX. I did manage to locate a few boxes and procure five extra newspapers.

While searching for newspapers I found the Chinese or Japanese coin (which has a 10 on ones side, and a temple on the other, as well as many foreign words) at a Chevron gas station on the ground. I also found the Indian coin (which has a persons head on one side and a three headed lion and 50 on the other) in the coin return slot of a water machine outside Food Town, another local grocery store. I attempted to take amazing pictures of the foreign coins, edit them with my new Photoshop software, and publish them. However, at this point in time Photoshop is MUCH smarter than I am, so I post pictureless.

Of course the foreign coins will be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” which has never had an Indian coin or a Japanese or Chinese coin deposit in the past. These are indeed exciting times.

Totals for the day: 45 cents
Race Totals: $229.34

2 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a 10 yen Japanese coin - here is a photo of the back of one I just found:

finding money

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Well, it isn't a 10 Yen, but I stil am not sure what it is. Thanks for the comments, and everyone else should really check out this site. Lots of great stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home