Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Today I found $1.98. . . 2 nickels, 4 dimes, 5 quarters, & 23 pennies (the stellar change cycle). I also found a Coke cap that states “You Win 1-Liter Coke Product.” Sadly, the Coke cap does not count toward the daily totals.

This morning before the football games I drove up towards Willowbrook Mall to find a mattress store. I had decided that it was time to replace my bed frame, which has been broken and bent for about three years. On the way up I swung into a car was along FM 1960 and found 26 cents (one quarter & one penny). The penny was on the ground and the quarter was lodged diagonal in the coin return slot at a car wash station. It took several minutes and the use of a screw driver to dislodge it.

In the evening I walked over to a Chevron gas station to get a drink and I found five pennies in the parking lot. Later in the evening I made a post office run and found two pennies in a nearby car wash and a whopping $1.65 (two nickels, four dimes, four quarters, and 15 pennies) at Al Gator’s Car Wash. All the change was at different vacuum cleaner stands. None of the four quarters were found together, meaning quite a few people were careless with change today.

The winning Coke cap was also found at Al Gator’s Car Wash. Throughout the year I have found several hundred of these winning caps, mostly at Astros games. This one will be added to the collection and used for a free drink in the future. This might be the first time that a non-change find will not be deposited into my “Not Change Cup.”

Totals for the day: $1.98
Race Totals: $238.54

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home