Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Today I found 30 cents . . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, & 5 pennies.

On my way back from a meeting this afternoon I stopped at Chick-Fil-A and found 16 cents (one nickel, one dime, and one penny) in the drive-thru. I got the change just as the drive-thru employee was getting ready to give someone a bag of fast food. I also found two pennies at a car wash next to the post office. In the evening I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies) at Kroger, a local grocery store. All the change was on the ground by a change counting machine.

The post office makes me think of lines, and I stood in two very long ones today. First, at the post office to attempt to locate a package that was supposed to be delivered today. Too bad the mailman forgot to deliver it (even though he left a note in my mailbox saying it was delivered). Also too bad that I thought the post office (the roll model for incompetence) would or could do anything about it. The second line was at Academy, a local sporting goods store. There a guy talked to me for 30 minutes about his family vacation to Pennsylvania. Sufficed to say, I’m tired of lines and if I ever hear another “interesting fact” about Pennsylvania it will be too soon.

Totals for the day: 30 cents
Race Totals: $242.62

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home