Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Today I found $1.25. . . 3 nickels, 7 dimes, & 40 pennies.

Early this morning I hit a slew of drive-thrus. If memory serves correct I visited two Starbucks, two KFC’s, Burger King, Taco Bell, and Arby’s. I found a total of $1.37 (three nickels, seven dimes, and 37 pennies).

Later in the day I found a penny in the parking lot of my apartment complex and two pennies at Kroger, a local grocery store. One penny was in the parking lot and one was on the floor by a change counting machine.

I would have found more at the change counting machine, but my friend Robert was with me and as soon as we got into the store he sprinted towards said machine and scooped up quite a bit of change. Once coin that he got, that I was very jealous of, was a 1943 Steel Wheat Back Penny. Alas, his finds will not supplement my daily totals.

Totals for the day: $1.25
Race Totals: $239.79

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

Wow, hanging out with Robert is now turning into change searching.

You are running out of people to hang out with who aren't going to try to grab your change!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Chris said...

No kidding. Robert is applying the pressure and it cost me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home