Saturday, February 11, 2006

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Today I found 5 cents . . . all pennies.

Today was spent at Minute Maid Ballpark, where the Houston Astros hosted their annual FanFest. I picked up quite a few items that will be making their way to e-bay in the near future. I also obtained autographs of Astros manager Phil Garner, Astros Two Bagger Craig Biggio, and former Astro Jimmy Wynn. On the way home I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found three cents and the Sonic next door where I found two cents. One of my Sonic pennies was my first 2006 model of the year. However, the honor of finding the first 06 model goes to Brian, who beat me by a day.

I thought about going out this evening for a brief change run, but I was up early for baseball and I just didn't have it in me. Besides, tomorrow is another early day at the ballpark so I though it wise to turn in early and sit on my unusually small totals.

This afternoon Bailey and I had lunch after the ballpark adventures. At a nearby table a pill popping, chain smoking woman ignored her out of control children. When one of her kids started banging on a sign near the front door I politely told the kid to knock it off. The woman was not amused that I was scolding her child and when I apologized but told her that she should do it herself she responded, “Look, I don’t have the time to pay attention to what my kids are doing all the time.” Spoken like a true Mother of the Year!

Totals for the day: 5 cents
Race Totals: $256.87

3 Comments:

At 1:19 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

So you got the Jimmy Wynn autograph? Please tell that story in DETAIL!!

But in response to the lunch story, I must say that not only did Chris stay calm, he failed to mention that the Mother (If she deserves that title) used the F-Bomb toward Chris, in front of her own children. Chris was SO in the right, and even got some great back-up from the people at the next table. The guy said, "Be quiet lady, he just said what we were all thinking."

Great times!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Baseball is truly here again... makes me feel hope in the face of all this snow we got up here.

Thanks for the shout-out. Yours might be the first 2006-D, for whatever that might be worth.

password: eiwzdfog

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Bailey:

I did indeed obtain all those autographs, just not all in person. YOU were indeed the one who stood in line to get me the Jimmy Wynn autograph. Thanks for adding to the story, but where is my password?

Brian:

Snow? I thought you didn't believe it was coming. Mine was indeed a 2006-D, so at least I can hang my hat on that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home