Saturday, February 04, 2006

Saturday, February 4, 2006

Today I found 12 cents . . . 2 nickels & 2 pennies.

Baseball season has officially kicked off, at least in the collegiate ranks! I saw my first baseball game of 2006, a thumping of Central Missouri State at the hands of the Rice Owls (National Champions a few years ago). On my way back from the baseball game I found a penny at Sonic and a nickel at the Kwick Kar Wash, which was quite busy due to the near 80 degree temperature.

In the evening I had to take a trip to the post office and Wal-Mart. At Wal-Mart I found a penny by the checkout line and a nickel in the change return slot of a claw machine.

Totals for the day: 12 cents
Race Totals: $254.22

4 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How strange that I found your blog and started looking for change and you see my CMSU mules play ball.

It is a small world!

By the way have you ever looked inside the vacume for change?

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Mr./Mrs. Anonymous:

A small world indeed. However, to be fair what CMSU did against Rice could not really be considered "playing ball." :-)

Searching the insides of vacuum cleaners caused a bit of debate early in the race. See May 6-9. For the record, I don't do it anymore, but I dont' think there is anything wrong with it.

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Super Bowl weekend!

I'm actually liking your reply about the change day being defined as 12-12. I didn't find any change yesterday, except the change that I found early that morning before going to bed. So, at least I found something.

I was out biking this afternoon, and almost overlooked a dirt clod covered penny on the side of the bike trail. I nearly knocked my husband off his bike by braking so hard to get it, but hey, I have priorities in life (*jk*) Aforementioned dirt covered penny is still in my pocket downstairs, so I should go retrieve it and put it in the found change bowl.

LP

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Chris said...

LP:

Love knows no boundaries, but a dirt covered penny is a dirt covered penny. You made the right decision.

This summer my friend Bailey married Marti and while dancing their first dance together as a married couple he spotted and retrieved a penny from the dance floor. Now that’s dedication to the change race!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home