Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday, January 27, 2006

Today I found 96 cents . . . 2 nickels, 2 dimes, 2 quarters, and 16 pennies (the multi state change cycle). I also found a token that has “No Cash Value,” that sadly will not count toward the daily totals. Change was found in two states, Maryland & Texas.

At BWI airport early this morning I found two pennies on the ground as I waited for my luggage to clear the x-ray machine. In perhaps the most excitement I have ever had on an airplane an old guy passed out and had to be given CPR and oxygen. Thankfully, he was ok and I’m proud to report that I did my part to help him out. There was a firefighter sitting next to me and when the flight attendants called for someone to do CPR I woke him up and he went and did it. Sure, some would call me a hero. Some.

Back in Houston I went to Greenspoint Mall for a late lunch and found a penny in the parking lot. This is also where I found the no cash value token, which has since been deposited into my “Not Change Cup.”

On the way home I stopped by a Sonic and found 18 cents (one nickel, one dime, and three pennies). I also checked the Kwick Kar Wash where I found another five cents (all pennies). My final stop on the way home was at the car wash next to my apartment complex where I found 71 cents (one nickel, one dime, two quarters, and six pennies). The vast majority of that change was sitting in a pile atop a vacuum cleaner. The rest was scattered about on the ground.

Totals for the day: 96 cents
Race Totals: $249.13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home