Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Today I found $1.58 (the same amount that I found Friday) . . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes, 4 quarters, and 23 pennies (the repeat change cycle).

I don’t know the probabilities, but I think it’s strange that I found the exact amount of change on Sunday that I did on Friday, albeit in different increments. Of course I’m not complaining.

This morning I took a trip to Starbucks and found a whopping 83 cents (three quarters & eight pennies) in the drive-thru. I also found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies) in the drive-thru at Burger King. On the way home I checked in at Ale Gator’s Car Wash and found 13 cents (one dime & three pennies).

In the afternoon Bailey and I went to a sports collector show downtown. On the way home it was pouring rain, but my dedication was tenacious and I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash to see what could be found. My consecration was rewarded with 50 cents (one nickel, one dime, one quarter, and 10 pennies).

Totals for the day: $1.58
Race Totals: $246.18

2 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very intriguing blog. I thought I was the only person who looked for change. Your car wash location gave me an idea and yep, sure enough the first one I went to produced a dime and several pennies. My daily trip takes me by the airport, I can park 30 min free and then I collect luggage carts for a .25 reward. I doubt if this would be considered "finding change" but last year I collected $385, I also go by Aldi grocery stores and return carts for the quarter reward.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Mr/Ms. Anonymous:

Thanks for stopping by, and I'm glad I could give you a new place to search for change. I know I have addressed the 25 cent reward in previous posts, but I can't seem to find where. Bottom line, I take them all the time, but it's not found change, unless someone forgot to pick it up. I might have to start hitting the airport more often, if you have such results.

I know I have had some good airport luck in the past. If you have way too much time on your hands you can check out posts from July 11/15/17, August 2, November 5/18, and December 10/27.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home