Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Today I found $3.06 . . . 4 nickels, 13 dimes, 4 quarters, and 56 pennies (the overkill change cycle).

Shortly after midnight my friend Robert called and asked me to pick him up at a local bar. Some other friends had driven him there, and he wanted to go home. After I picked up Robert I made sure to stop by at the car wash next to my apartment complex and I found five cents (all pennies). My good deed was rewarded.

This afternoon I went to Kroger, a local grocery store, to pick up some supplies for some food I was planning on cooking later in the day. I found 10 cents (one dime) by a self-checkout line. Later in the day I had to go back to Kroger to pick up some additional supplies. I was a bit miffed for forgetting them on my first trip, but that soon changed. As I walked out of the store I hit the jackpot, finding $2.91 (four nickels, 12 dimes, four quarters, and 51 pennies) in the reject slot of a coin sorting machine.

Totals for the day: $3.06
Race Totals: $252.52 (a perfect palindrome)

2 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reject slot! Wonderful, I would have never thought of that.

I have lost my mind and started finding change and going for the cycle. Today sucks because the only thing I was missing was a penny!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Mr. or Mrs Anonymous:

Keep with it. The cycle is a wonderful thing, but sometimes you just have to let it come to you.

However, if you want quick satisfaction try checking the drive-thru lane at your local Starbucks. They seem to never pick up the dropped change, and it's a gold mine.

Keep me posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home