Monday, January 30, 2006

Monday, January 30, 2006

Today I found 27 cents . . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, and 12 pennies.

First and foremost Race of the Century would like to welcome a new affiliate, Lindsay in Boston. An avid reader since yesterday she now bumps up confirmed readership to at least two (the first being me, since I always proofread).

I wasn’t feeling too adventurous today, so I just stuck with the basics. On the way home I checked the Kwick Kar Wash and found 17 cents (one nickel & 12 pennies). Closer to home I found a dime in the lobby of the post office, where I stood in line for 35 minutes to mail a letter to Japan.

Aside from the dime, the lone bright spot of the post office trip is that my letter cost only 83 cents to mail, and is scheduled to arrive in 4-7 days. How the post office can send a letter to Tokyo, Japan in 4-7 days, and it took them nine days to ship a package I recently mailed to California I will never know.

Totals for the day: 27 cents
Race Totals: $252.79

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home