Friday, February 03, 2006

Friday, February 3, 2006

Today I found 91 cents . . . 1 dime, 2 quarters, and 31 pennies.

I didn’t have to work today, and I occupied myself doing a lot of nothing. Driving down FM 1960 this afternoon I stopped at a no name car wash and found eight cents (all pennies). Shortly down the road I stopped at What-A-Burger, a local fast food restaurant, for lunch and found a penny at the base of the counter. Another penny was found in the parking lot on the way out.

Driving back home I stopped at Blue Water Car Wash and hit the mother load, 80 cents (one dime, two quarters, and 20 pennies). The two quarters were in a car wash bay, and the vast majority of the rest of the change was sitting in a pile by a vacuum cleaner. In the evening I found one penny in the frozen food section of Sam’s Club, where I shopped with a free one-day membership pass.

Totals for the day: 91 cents
Race Totals: $254.10

2 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I have a very important question, which does not seem to be answered by the rules post. When does the day change occur? That is, does the day on which I count found change comply to the clock defined day of 12 am to 12 pm, or does the day end when I go to sleep???

I found 4 pennies during the work day - one penny on my walk to work, and 3 lone pennies waiting on the T platform on my commute home. Then I searched the gas station at 2:30 this morning (2/4)while my friend tanked up and found one nickel and a penny (he insisted I would find nothing). So do I count the latter find in my Feb 3rd count, or my Feb 4th count?

Anxiously awaiting your reply in Boston,

LP

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Chris said...

LP:

Excellent question. The change day is defined as 12am to 12pm, so the six cents found after midnight would count toward your February 4th totals.

Sometimes, when I have nothing to do, I will venture out after midnight to get a jump start on the new day. Change searching late at night is often rewarded, so it's worth keeping in mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home