Monday, February 06, 2006

Monday, February 6, 2006

Today I found 59 cents . . . 2 quarters & 9 pennies. I also found a plastic dinosaur and a plastic beaver that was holding a cup of coffee. Sadly, the plastic does not count toward the daily totals.

Lots of finds in lots of places defined today. I found a penny by a vending machine near my apartment complex office this afternoon. I also found single pennies by a stamp machine at the post office, in the parking lot of Poppies (where I had a late lunch), outside a pawnshop where I went to purchase a metal file and some tin snips (file at Sears = $5.99, two files and tin snips at the pawnshop = $2), and outside of Food Town (a local grocery store where I picked up some provisions for the week).

Later in the evening I found three cents at the car wash next to the post office and 51 cents (two quarters & one penny) at the car wash next to my apartment.

The car wash next to my apartment is also where I found the plastic dinosaur and the plastic beaver holding a cup of coffee. Although the plastic items do not count toward the daily totals they will most certainly be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of all unique items that are found which are not change. I leave you tonight with a picture of said dinosaur and beaver, as well as the change that was found for the day:


Totals for the day: 59 cents
Race Totals: $255.39

3 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

I'm down with the plastic beaver!


It looks kinda like a groundhog, which begs the question. Did the plastic beaver see it's shadow?

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Some research could probably solve this question. On the foot it is marked that it was manufactured for the McD Corp. I assume that's McDonalds. I will have to check their give-aways and find out if it a beaver or groundhog. Only then can we know if a shadow is material.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nice beaver

 

Post a Comment

<< Home