Monday, April 03, 2006

Monday, April 3, 2006

Today I found 58 cents . . . 1 nickel, 2 quarters, and 3 pennies.

It was a day of all natural finds. At Sonic this afternoon, where I joined Bailey for lunch, I found 32 cents (one nickel, one quarter, and two pennies). All the change was in the parking lot, except for one lone penny that was in some mud by the patio.

Walking to my car from the Astros game this evening I spotted a quarter at the base of a parking meter. This was a good find, it was after 10pm and I only spotted it because of the gleam on the quarter from a nearby street lamp. I also found a penny at the post office under a stamp machine. The post office was my final stop for the evening, and the penny was my final find.

The Astros won this evening, 1-0. That really good guy from Florida no-hit us for five innings but we unloaded on him later. Er, not exactly. He got pulled and the replacement uncorked a wild pitch that scored the games only run. At least we were not the Phillies. I saw the score on that game!

Totals for the day: 58 cents
Race Totals: $289.86

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Two thoughts on that unwarranted Phillies comment:
- At least they weren't victims of the worst blowout yesterday.
- If their pitching gels, they're going to be a potent force. Every Phillies starter yesterday had at least one hit.

password: ofzsb

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Sorry Brian, you aren't going to beat out MY hometown team this year, The Mets!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

After the Astros loss this evening I will can't smack talk for at least two days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home