Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday, June 16, 2006

Today I found $1.66 . . . .1 nickel, 2 dimes, 1 quarter, and 16 pennies, and 1 $1 bill (the smashing change cycle).

As I walked to check my mail this afternoon I found a crumpled $1 bill in the parking lot of my apartment complex. As I exited the Astros game this evening I found 40 cents (one nickel, one dime, and one quarter) in the coin return slot of a pay phone.

Driving home from the Astros game I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies) and at JR’s Car Wash I found 14 cents (all pennies).

As loyal readers know Bailey, my change finding partner, recently moved to St. Louis. One of his favorite activities at the ballpark was hanging around where the umpires leave the field and trying to bum balls off of them. They usually have some extras and when they leave they toss them up to fans milling around the area. This was my first game since Bailey had left, so I decided that in tribute to him I would hang out by the umpire’s tunnel and try to get a ball. Mission accomplished. I’m now the proud owner of a game used ball that was one of three that was tossed into the stands after the game. In a way it is probably a historic ball, as it was used in a game that the Kansas City Royals actually won.

Totals for the day: $1.66
Race Totals: $323.99

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I found your blog by accident while searching for "elongated pennies" entries on blogger and I must say I am very impressed by your change finding "race"! That is amazing. My boyfriend and I are now inspired to start picking up loose change too. No worries we live in Washington state so we won't be stealing your coins. :)

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Rebecca:

Thanks for the kind words, and please stop back by to check on the progress. No worries about stealing my coins. After all, they were dropped so they are all fair game. If you do start looking make sure to give me some updates.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home