Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Today I found $1.26 . . . . .. 5 dimes, 2 quarters, and 26 pennies. I also found a fake diamond pendant. Sadly, the fake diamond pendant will not count toward the daily totals.

This evening I went grocery shopping at Food Town, a local grocery store. I found a penny on the sidewalk as I walked in, two pennies near the produce section as I walked around, and a dime by a cash register as I checked out. I decided to go over to HEB, another local grocery store, to pick up a few items that were cheaper, and I’m glad I did. I checked a change counting machine and found 82 cents (four dimes, one quarter, and 17 pennies). The vast majority of the change was in the reject slot, but one dime was on the ground and two pennies were sitting atop the machine.

On the way home I stopped by the always-reliable Al Gator’s Car Wash and found 31 cents (one quarter & six pennies). All the change was on the ground by the massive bank of vacuum cleaners.

It was at Al Gator’s Car Wash that I found the fake diamond pendant. I’m no expert on diamonds but the clarity is certainly too great for it to be real. Additionally, it would be about a six carrot stone if it were real and it is in a very flimsy setting. Nevertheless, the fake diamond pendant has already been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such non-change finds.

Totals for the day: $1.26
Race Totals: $448.51

2 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice change finds - a dollar day AND a fake diamond pendant. Good times for sure! I think you should post a picture of the fake diamond pendant. I would be interested to see what it looks like.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Chris said...

If blogger will work with me I might have some pictures coming soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home