Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday, December 15, 2006

Today I found 44 cents . . .. 1 nickel, 3 dimes, and 9 pennies. I also found a car wash token with “No Cash Value.” Sadly, the car wash token will not count toward the daily totals.

Driving home from work this afternoon I stopped at the Roger Clemens Foundation, a place where Roger Clemens shills oddly signed things for his charity (including signed soap dispensers, signed book shelves, signed Christmas ornaments, and signed bath towels). Walking out after purchasing a Christmas present I found a penny in the parking lot.

This evening I joined my friend Robert for dinner. He picked up the tab and I picked up a penny from the ground by the cash register. I thought it was a good deal.

On the way home I stopped at a no-name car wash and found 32 cents (one nickel, three dimes, and seven pennies). All were by banks of vacuum cleaners. It was at the car wash that I also found the car wash token with “No Cash Value.” Although the token will not count toward the daily totals it has already been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items.

For me it was a bit of a sad day since Jeffry Robert Bagwell announced his retirement from baseball. I was driving past the ballpark right after his press conference and decided to pull over to see if I could find Bagwell after the press was done with him. I waited about 10 minutes and out came Bagwell, who I have always admired as a player. Mr. Bagwell was kind enough to sign two baseballs for me (I always have them in the car just in case) and I got to personally tell that I was going to miss seeing him on the field. Like I said, it was a bit of a sad day.

Totals for the day: 44 cents
Race Totals: $465.63

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home