Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sunday, January 7, 2007

Today I found $1.27 . . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, 3 quarters, and 27 pennies (The JR’s Change Cycle).

I have a confession to make. Several weeks ago I noticed that the car wash next to my apartment had changed names. It had been JR’s Car Wash and now it has been changed to D.I.Y Car Wash (the D.I.Y apparently stands for Do It Yourself). Anyhow, I meant to mention this earlier, but somehow I kept forgetting. As it stands I think I’m just going to keep referring to it as JR’s Car Wash because I like the ring of that better, but for those of you who are continuous readers you will know the truth.

Anyhow, this evening I decided to head out to Bailey’s old neighborhood to see if his JR’s Car Wash had changed names as well. It had, and is now also a D.I.Y Car Wash. There I found 22 cents (one dime & 12 pennies). On the way back I stopped at Sonic for dinner and found 10 cents (all pennies) on the patio and in the parking lot area. The last stop of the evening was my JR’s Car Wash where I found 95 cents (one nickel, one dime, three quarters, and five pennies). I generally find quarters in car wash stations at car washes, but these three quarters happened to be stacked on the ledge of a vacuum cleaner.

Totals for the day: $1.27
Race Totals: $475.47

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! Its a breath of fresh air in this world to know that SOMEONE will tell me the truth, no matter how hard it may be. The glory days of JR's Car Wash, the car wash next to your apartment, may be over, but at least I know that you are being honest with your faithful readers.

LKP :)

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Chris said...

That's how I roll. Come to me and I'll tell you the truth; no matter how painful it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home