Friday, February 17, 2006

Friday, February 17, 2006

Today I found $1.12 . . . 1 nickel, 7 dimes, 1 quarter, and 12 pennies (the inspirational change cycle).

Early this morning I checked the drive thrus at KFC and Starbucks. I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny) and 16 cents (one nickel, one dime, one penny), respectively. Later in the day I stopped by a Sonic and found 44 cents (four dimes & four pennies). Most of the change was scattered about the parking lot.

At lunch this afternoon I actually ate at a Sonic and I found another five cents (all pennies). Two were on the patio and three were in parking spaces in the parking lot. Driving home I stopped at Kroger, a local grocery store, where I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny) in the coin return slot of a coin counting machine. The dime and penny were stuck together but a gentle pull was all that was needed to separate them. My final find of the day was 25 cents (one quarter). It was found in a car wash station at the car wash adjacent to my apartment complex.

For over five years the car wash next to my apartment complex has had no name. The no name car wash is a thing of the past. As I stopped in this afternoon I saw a new sign that proclaimed that the name of the car wash is JR’s Car Wash. Readers of other change finding blogs might recognize this name. It is the same name of the car wash near Bailey’s apartment complex. To simplify things I will continue to refer to this car wash simply as the car wash next to my apartment complex.

Totals for the day: $1.12
Race Totals: $261.57

2 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

Wow!! JR's Car Wash is expanding!

I guess they really don't need all the change on the ground.

But now you have YOUR JR's and I have MY JR's!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Chris said...

These are exciting times. Mr. JR is apparently doing well for himself, and I for one think he should expand even more. A JR's on every corner, a quarter in every return slot, a car in every garage, and a chicken in every pot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home