Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sunday, February 12, 2006--One Year Anniv.

Today I found 10 cents . . . 1 nickel & 5 pennies.

Heading home from Minute Maid Ballpark and the conclusion of the 2006 Astros Fan Fest I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found one penny and Sonic where I found four pennies. Later in the evening I found a nickel in the laundry room of my apartment complex.

I seem to be heading for my worst month ever, which is sad since today is the ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY of the Change Race. Notwithstanding the lackluster month the past year has been excellent. If my rough math is correct I have found the following amount of coinage:

Pennies: 5,750
Nickels: 303
Dimes: 687
Quarters: 347
Total Weight: 44 pounds

Dollar bills and some odd change (i.e. dollar coins, bills, etc) made up the rest of the finds. I leave you tonight with a picture of all change found to date (second coin holder courtesy of Bailey, who gave me his several days ago when he cashed in his change for a $100 bill):


Totals for the day: 10 cents
Race Totals: $256.97

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice post. February is the shortest month, so keep that in mind if you do end up coming in with your lowest monthly total.

But I think you should look on the bright side: That is a lot of change to have found in one year. Good work...

password: flqcgxu

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

True, Feb. is the shortest month, but I would guess that if I took a daily average this would still be my lowest month unless things pick up. Of course you are correct and the bright side far outweighs everything else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home