Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Today I found 78 cents . . . 2 dimes, 2 quarters, and 8 pennies.

On my way to work this morning I stopped by the Kwick Kar Wash and found six cents (all pennies). At lunch I ate at Rocky’s Subs, which serves quite possibly the best Philly Cheesesteak outside of Philadelphia. Leaving the restaurant I spotted my second 2006 penny of the year. It was under the front edge of a nearby soda machine.

On the way home from a post office trip I stopped at HEB, a local grocery store, to pick up some provisions. I found 72 cents (two dimes, two quarters, & two pennies). The two dimes and a penny were on the ground outside the store by a bank of soda machines. The two quarters were in the coin return slot of a lottery machine, and the final penny was by a cash register where I checked out.

Besides the change I was quite proud of my HEB purchases. They had a ton of coupons which I took advantage of. By buying a cooked chicken ($6) and some chicken fajita meat ($7) I was able to get the following items for free: flour tortillas, tortilla chips, bag o salad, refried beans, sour cream, Lipton pasta mix, bag o cheese, Kool-Aid mix, and a two liter bottle of black cherry vanilla coke.

Totals for the day: 78 cents
Race Totals: $258.49

2 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is that black cherry vanilla Coke? We have a free coupon for it too.

Password: taihey

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Liza:

It isn't great, but not bad. I'm a big fan of vanilla coke and cherry is excellent, but the black cherry seems to be a bit overpowering. Still, free is free, so it's worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home