Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Today I found 58 cents . . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, and 33 pennies. I also found a Mexican one peso coin, which sadly does not count toward the daily totals.

At the post office this afternoon I found six cents (one nickel & one penny) as I mailed some packages. The nickel was in the coin return slot of a stamp machine and the penny was on the floor directly below the stamp machine.

On the way home I popped into Kroger, a local grocery store, to check the coin return slot of a change counting machine and I found 21 cents (one dime & 11 pennies). Closer to home I checked two car washes. At the first I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies) and at the second I found 19 cents (all pennies). 16 of the 19 pennies were sitting in a pile on top of a vacuum cleaner.

It was at Kroger where I found the one peso coin (valued at 9.48 cents as of today). Sadly, the peso does not count toward the daily totals. It was on the floor, right next to the coin counting machine. Nevertheless, the one peso coin will be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of all non-US coinage as well as various other things found during the race.

Totals for the day: 58 cents
Race Totals: $259.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home