Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Today I found 89 cents . . . 4 nickels, 3 dimes, 1 quarter, and 14 pennies (the unwonted change cycle). I also found a plastic army man, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

It was another bleak day in Houston so I didn’t want to venture outside much (bleak being defined as in the 40’s, which is unheard of for this time of year). However, I did meet up with Bailey this afternoon to pick up some items for eBay. Along the way I stopped by the post office to mail a package and I found 52 cents (three nickels, one dime, one quarter, and two pennies) underneath a very dusty stamp machine.

On the way home I paused for a quick lunch at Sonic. However, I parked in a nearby car wash and walked over. Searching the car wash I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies) and in a pharmacy parking lot that I passed through I found an additional four pennies. At Sonic itself I was rewarded with three cents.

My final stop of the day came at my JR’s Car Wash, the new name of the car wash next to my apartment complex. There I found 18 cents (one nickel, one dime, and three pennies). This is also where I found the plastic army man. Although the plastic army man will not count toward the daily totals he will be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of oddities found during the search for change.

Totals for the day: 89 cents
Race Totals: $262.46

4 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

The readers demand a picture of the Army Man and the non-change cup contents!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Chris said...

You are the only reader that has ever expressed interest in pictures of the "Not Change Cup." However, since you probably account for 33 percent of my readership I will take your comments under serious consideration.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Count another third of the readership as down for seeing the Not Change Cup.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I take that as two votes for yes and since to my knowledge I am the only remaining member of my readership I will have to honor the request. I asked for comments on Sunday, but it looks like everyone jumped in a day early.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home