Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Today I found $66.48 . . . . . .1 $1 bill, 1 $5 bill, 3 $20 bills, 2 dimes, 1 quarter, and 3 pennies. One of the pennies was a 1924 Wheat Penny.

If only I wasn’t feeling terrible today (still sick) I would have enjoyed my day a lot more. I decided to try to work in the afternoon baseball game today and it was enjoyable. Roger Clemens, who may or may not retire this year, pitched in his last home game of the year. He got the win and a nice ovation as he left the field.

Walking to the ballpark I spotted a crumpled up $1 bill on the sidewalk. As I got closer and picked it up I saw that it was not just a $1 bill, but also a $5 bill. At six dollars I was feeling good about my change finds.

After the game I was walking around the stadium looking for ticket stubs and I found a folded $20 bill. I was psyched as I picked it up, and even more psyched when I found that it was not one folded $20 bill, but three, for a total of $60!

As I was leaving the stadium a quarter under a seat caught my eye. As it turns out there was a grand total of 46 cents (two dimes, one quarter, one penny) sitting there.

Back at my apartment complex I opened the door to my car and spotted a penny on the ground. It was a well worn 1924 Wheat Penny, one of the oldest that I have found to date. The final penny came to me this evening. It was in the parking lot of the post office.

Totals for the day: $66.48
Race Totals: $432.33

4 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An impressive amount of change for one day... you win!!! Get better soon!

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger The Humphery Family said...

WOW! Those are the kind of finds that give us all hope.. though I feel kinda bad for the person who dropped the sixty bucks. Oh well, better you than the cleanup guy :) get well soon.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Becca:

Thanks.

Mrs. Krabs:

I felt kind of bad too, but that feeling passed. Thanks for checking in.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Incredible... I wish I could have seen the look on your face. Clemens must have been bummed... ha. Solid job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home