Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Today I found 31 cents . . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, and 16 pennies.

This afternoon I looked out at the thermometer on my back porch and the temperature was 34 degrees. It was 1:30pm. This is unacceptable. However, I’m tough so I decided to brave the near freezing temperatures and venture to Ci-Ci’s, a pizza restaurant, to meet up with Tara for lunch. While waiting for Tara I went over to Kroger, a local grocery store, and found two pennies on the ground by a change counting machine. At Ci-Ci’s I found one penny sitting atop a video game it their arcade room.

After lunch I went over to a nearby car wash and found five cents (all pennies). On the way home I checked yet another no-name car wash and found nine cents (one nickel & four pennies). My final stop on the way home was my JR’s Car Wash, the car wash formerly known as the car wash next to my apartment complex. There I found 13 cents (one dime & three pennies) scattered about by vacuum cleaner stations. In the evening, after a long night of packing eBay items, I walked to a nearby gas station to get a drink and I found a penny in the parking lot.

Yesterday Bailey logged a request that I publish a picture of the contents of the “Not Change Cup,” keeper of the oddities that I find during my hunt for change. I would be interested to know if anyone else actually cares about such a picture. Comments?

Totals for the day: 31 cents
Race Totals: $262.77

4 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

34 Degrees! give me a break, you should try to find change whe its 2 with a -16 wind chill. No car washing going on up here, BUT people are less inclined to stop to pick up change they dropped.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Mr/Mrs. Anonymous:

Believe me, I grew up on the East Coast and know about cold winters. However, after seven years of living in Texas and having winters in the 60's 34 degrees IS VERY COLD. Thin blood perhaps. I don't miss the winter, but I do like the fact that people are less inclined to pick up dropped change.

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I actually care about such a picture!

Password: pbyao

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Liza:

You were the deciding vote. Pictures will be posted tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home