Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday, February 24, 2006

Today I found $1.27 . . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes, 2 quarters, and 42 pennies (the wondrous change cycle).

Recordkeeping was not my strength today, but I do recall that I found my first nine cents (one nickel & four pennies) at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex. In the evening Bailey and I met up for dinner and we did some change searching. We checked a Sonic parking lot and several drive-thrus in the area and we both found change. On the way home I stopped at another Sonic and Ale Gator’s Car Wash. That last stop is where I got the majority of the my change for the day since I know for a fact that I found both quarters, all three dimes, and a lot of pennies there. Right when I exited my car there was a pile of 15 cents (all pennies) sitting on the ground.

Tomorrow morning I’m leaving for Spring Training in Florida. This year I have chose to drive down vs. flying and renting a car. As such, I have no firm return date (work is flexible so that isn’t an issue) but I’m thinking my blank baseball supply will last no more than two weeks. Of course I might get tired of doing nothing but watching baseball, sitting in 80-degree weather, and being on vacation, so I could come back earlier. I’m hoping to find an Internet connection a few times while I’m down in Florida, but posting will be sporadic for the next few weeks.

Totals for the day: $1.27
Race Totals: $265.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home