Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Today I found 35 cents . . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, and 10 pennies.

This afternoon at the post office I found a penny on the ground as I walked out and a dime in the change return slot of a USA Today newspaper box. At a nearby car wash I found nine cents (one nickel & four pennies) and at Sonic I found 15 cents (one dime & five pennies).

As promised I have taken some pictures of the “Not Change Cup,” as well as the contents within. So, without further delay I present my “Not Change Cup” (which was actually a find itself):


I have broken down the contents of the cup by category. First, there are smushed elongated pennies (six total):


Fake change (which if it was real would total $1.88--$1 bill, five nickels, one dime, two quarters, and three pennies):


Tokens (28 of them; ranging from everything from transportation, to entertainment, to bathroom use):



And rubber bouncy balls and marbles:


Tomorrow we will close our two-day series on the “Not Change Cup” with four final pictures: Miscellaneous Items, Plastic Things, Rocks & Rocks That Look Like a Fish, and Foreign Coins.

Totals for the day: 35 cents
Race Totals: $263.29

5 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Solid post. I especially like the elongated pennies.

password: ijflp

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Very solid post. I like the marbles and bouncy ball face you made.

I must admit, I'm more excited for day two!

Plastic Things & Rocks that look like Fish have me excited!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian & Bailey:

Thanks for the love. Glad to see that the pictures were appreciated!

Bailey:

You need to get back on the ball with the password.

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's photojournalism!

As Brian said, we're fans of the elongated pennies. They're good souvenirs when you're traveling.

Password: jptppyiw

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Liza:

Thanks. I would guess that when I first started making "Not Change" finds I found about four of those elongated pennies in the first month. After that it slowed down a bit. I don't know why, but now I rarely find the smooshed elongated pennies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home