Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Today I found 31 cents . . . 1 dime & 21 pennies.

On my way to lunch this afternoon I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 31 cents (one dime & 21 pennies). All the pennies were on the ground and the dime was in the change return slot of a car wash station.

Continuing with Part II of our two day look into the contents of the “Not Change Cup” I bring you the four final pictures.

First, there are miscelanious items that have been found (from the picture you can see that this is everything from a giant nut, to keys, to religious pendants, to women’s jewelry):


There are also various plastic items (toy beaver, army man, etc) that I have found. Specifically, there are six plastic items that have made it to the “Not Change Cup”:


The penultimate category of the “Not Change Cup” is Rocks & Rocks that look like fish. To get picked up the rock must be polished, or be unique. To be specific, I believe that the rock that looks like a fish is actually a piece of glass made to look like a fish, but it still is put into this category:


Finally, we have various foreign coins that I have found. There are a total of 62 coins, representing 16 countries (actually 15 countries and the European Union):


And thus ends our two-day series on the “Not Change Cup.” Given the size of the cup and the current contents I'm quite certain that I will have to find a second cup, or find something to store new “Not Change” finds in the near future.

Totals for the day: 31 cents
Race Totals: $263.60

5 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

So happy to see the beaver again!

He should be the mascot of the Change Race!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

I know, now I'm padding your "comment" numbers.

In response to your comment about the password, I think that I'm done doing that for now. Unless I have one that is worth noting, I'm going to let this be "your" thing!

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the little smiley guy with the curly hair!

Password: qylzmue

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Bailey... I think the beaver should be your mascot :)

Well, between the snowstorm here in Boston, and the fact that I started working out of an office that I drive to (I find most of my change on the Metro) I went a week and a half without finding any change. Blah!!! But, I broke that streak when I found 2 pennies in the T station yesterday.

While coasting into a gas station at 11 pm last night (I had been on 0 for about 5 miles) I found another penny while walking over to inspect the vaccuum machines. I also found a cool timex watch, but if I had lost it, I would go back looking for it, so I left it. No non-change items for me!!!

LP

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Bailey:

Wow, no more passwords? This is a suprise.

Liza:

Yeah, I liked that guy also. I think it was a toy from Sonic, and if you look closely you will see that there is a Sponge Bob type thing in his pocket.

LP:

Tough go on the change finding, but keep your head down and you are sure to find some. I probably would have taken the watch.

Justine:

Sadly, the jewelry isn't worth that much (do diamonds or anything like that). I have thought about cashing out the foreign coins, but for the effort it's probably not worth it. All the stuff is junk and should probably be tossed, but that would spell the end of my "Not Change Cup" and I don't want to go that route.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home